What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by insufficient fuel combustion usually caused by insufficient oxygen. In your house, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not working accurately or have been installed improperly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces could also produce carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is lethal at heightened levels or with prolonged exposure.