What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?

Stopping it from happening is the most critical step. Completing proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Winnipeg.

Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:

  • Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
  • Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when used correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
  • Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
  • Have your chimney checked by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
  • Verify gas appliances are working properly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by requesting routine furnace maintenance with Winnipeg Supply Service Experts.