What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?
Preventing it from happening is the most critical step. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Winnipeg.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when used correctly but can make carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are running properly, particularly your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting routine furnace maintenance with Winnipeg Supply Service Experts.