Stopping it from happening is the most critical step. Completing proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Winnipeg.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when used correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are working properly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by requesting routine furnace maintenance with Winnipeg Supply Service Experts.