Preventing it from happening is the most critical step. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Winnipeg.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when used correctly but can make carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are running properly, particularly your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting routine furnace maintenance with Winnipeg Supply Service Experts.