No matter what the climate outside, the temperature within your space designates how comfortable your family will be. Set it just right and your rooms will feel like a enjoyable escape from everything. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t working correctly, you’ll notice. And it won’t be fun.
Get ready to take a detailed look at the way you’re managing your HVAC equipment. It could be the difference between a strong system or a pathetic performer. Work through this quick quiz from Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- Hotter days are coming up fast. How do you get your AC ready?
- Replace the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s ready to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing at all. It will probably be fine.
- You’re hosting a get-together on a especially warm night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What do you do?
- Instruct my attendees to bring cool beverages.
- Call for an emergency repair to get it operating before the party starts.
- Switch on my fans and hope for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is maturing. What will you do when it’s time for a replacement?
- Let my contractor pick one out and finance it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and bills by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Select the most expensive system available.
- When you open your next monthly electricity bill, what do you anticipate you’ll discover?
- It will will cost more. My home comfort bills have gotten expensive.
- It will be close to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I see it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your HVAC system is making a strange noise. What’s your next step?
- Find my toolbox and spend a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Schedule a professional technician to examine it.
- Ignore it and wait until it ends.
Now check your results. If you picked mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are helping you out. You’re taking care of your system and you prepared a plan for your future replacement. But if you answered any of these problems with As or Cs, you should make a few changes to help your system perform better. Keep reading to learn how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Arrange Annual Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and sprucing up your vents are useful tasks to prep your equipment for a different season, a professional tune-up is necessary to complete the process. During a maintenance visit, your professional technician will perform a series of tasks that boost the energy efficiency of your machine. And while they’re around, your HVAC technician will be on the lookout for more significant complications for your home. That could save you an expensive breakdown later in the season.
Choose a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained home comfort systems can have issues periodically. And it always seems to hit at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that vital service to homes at no additional cost.
Create a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Well-maintained home comfort systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Make a plan now to evade last-minute pressure when your system takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It brings you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front expenses. Even better, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy expenses and call us when they radically change. Your power bills can reveal more than your monthly charges. If you’re seeing a regular escalation in your expenses but no difference in home comfort, something is definitely happening with your equipment. A new high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more stable energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Call in the pros when you hear a strange noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than aggravating. It illustrates something is off with your equipment. Even if it’s a seemingly small issue, left without a repair it could make for an high-priced repair down the road. Don’t try to fix it yourself. Leave it to the pros to check out and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you quite a bit when you don’t treat it right. If you apply these tips, you could save time, added costs and annoyance. And if your equipment just isn’t keeping up anymore, think about finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!