Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Winnipeg
You might not think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you hope it’s working correctly so your Winnipeg basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can stop working for a few numerous reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t working properly, call the Experts at Winnipeg Supply Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease running for several different reasons:
- No power
- Irregular maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Icy or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to ensure your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Verify the pump is upright and not tilting to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not activate when called for.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and drains the water efficiently.
- During arid weather, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Winnipeg Supply Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of insurance to protect your home from water damage, look to the professionals at Winnipeg Supply Service Experts to confirm yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 204-800-0613 or book an appointment online.