If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak could include the following:
- The scent of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances hooked up to the gas line, i.e. gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- People in the house complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you have any of these signs and are worried they are related to a gas leak, get out of your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.
Sometimes the utility company will fix a gas leak, but in many cases the homeowner is responsible. Luckily, the team at Winnipeg Supply Service Experts are highly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is covered with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER DO AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a ton of projects around the house that homeowners choose to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to ensure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Winnipeg codes.
From installing gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Winnipeg Supply Service Experts’s experiences in the industry have allowed us to take on a host of gas line projects in the Winnipeg community, so no job is too tall of an order for our experts.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are worried about a gas leak is exit your home and then call 911 promptly. After emergency responders are headed your way, get ahold of your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call Winnipeg Supply Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, need to be taken very seriously. Ensure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 immediately if you’re ever worried about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide doesn’t have a scent and cannot be easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to decrease exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances correctly adjusted.
- Invest in and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a well-versed professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and fix any leaks immediately.
For more pointers on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.