Your HVAC system is vital to home comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever malfunctioned on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with emergency repairs, higher energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to maintain an uninterrupted supply of healthy, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should look into applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to ask for tune-ups with Winnipeg Supply Service Experts, but we highly endorse enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so important, take a look at these benefits:
- Uncover minor problems right away: Issues with your HVAC equipment often progress little by little. When a technician examines the internal components annually, it’s possible to pinpoint and resolve smaller problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of equipment failures: By securing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the likelihood of a sudden breakdown goes down.
- Saving on repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable cost that eliminates the need for numerous major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Boost home comfort: When your HVAC system functions the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for even temperatures and more comfortable humidity in your home.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer than a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement expenses.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit delivers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is running as intended.
- Adhere to your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in maintenance now shields you from expensive repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can typically count on same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your heating and cooling system? An HVAC contract allows access to the quickest installs feasible, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance decreases the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are sometimes necessary, but they can get pricey fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you dissatisfied, our technician will return to correct things.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Winnipeg Supply Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan features and contact our staff to help you figure out the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before signing up. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Winnipeg Supply Service Experts office today.