Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Winnipeg, you may be thinking—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some points to consider, in addition to the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and increases comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your home comfy. A new air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Winnipeg Supply Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the right advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your wallet if you install both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any major short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system stops working. You can skip the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these advantages:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your house comfier and reducing your annual energy bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for an updated furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you might even be eligible for a special deal because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Winnipeg Supply Service Experts. We realize the price of replacing your entire system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 204-800-0613 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.