Summer is normally a crazy time of year for many families in Winnipeg. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Winnipeg heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Winnipeg heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Winnipeg Supply Service Experts a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is working at its peak in the Winnipeg heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when scheduling outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Winnipeg temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.