How Often Do I Need Air Conditioner Service in Winnipeg?
Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioning suddenly goes out. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for a technician to arrive. What a disaster!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this problem. But how can you tell when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the key to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC Experts encourage servicing it at least once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, protecting against potential issues and lengthening its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred season. This allows you to address potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly all season long.
However, if spring is past, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better late than never.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An air conditioner tune-up is a detailed process involving several steps. This is why DIY repair is not suggested. Here are some key aspects of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service call:
- Detailed inspection: The technician carefully looks through your air conditioner for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and counter wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals suggest doing this in your home every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your service Expert will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less electricity to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your AC unit every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Increased air quality: A clean AC system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, routine AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, sudden repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To maximize your savings, consider enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and increase energy efficiency for year-round savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and budget. You’ll get several benefits no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, routine AC maintenance is essential for boosting performance and providing home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, preferably in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with skilled professionals, complete maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.