How Do You Look for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a lot of gases that could be in your Winnipeg house. Natural gas and vapors that derive from household fixtures, carpet and paints. None of them are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Call Winnipeg Supply Service Experts at 204-800-0613 now to start protecting your house against this dangerous gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Dangerous?

Carbon monoxide could be a life and death situation, so it’s not a situation to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you cannot view it, sense it with your nose or taste it. It’s not as dangerous in small doses and can’t be filtered.

2. It Can Be Deadly in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a side effect of used fuel. It can leak into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Based on how large the leak is and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide may become lethal in within minutes.

Once inhaled, carbon monoxide has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are breathing pure air, it requires five hours to take it out of your body. It will take another five hours to cut that level by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Resemble Other Illnesses

It may also mirror symptoms that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

How to Protect Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are three precautions you can take to keep your home safe:

  1. Your residence with at least one natural gas appliance, adjoined garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide alarm. It’s necessary to have an alarm on every level of your house, including the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide detector in your residence?
    Call Winnipeg Supply Service Experts at 204-800-0613 to buy one. Ask our Experts about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you currently have a carbon monoxide system, frequently test or put in new batteries. You should check batteries every season, and buy a new alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide sensor alerts you to danger, exit your house immediately and phone 911.

Protect Your Family with Help from Winnipeg Supply Service Experts

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the proper steps your loved ones can be protected from the hazardous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Winnipeg Supply Service Experts at 204-800-0613 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.