There are a lot of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Winnipeg. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather sets in. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider handling early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment set up.
The team at Winnipeg Supply Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be done at least annually so you can hopefully prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a number of benefits to getting it performed before the cold and crisp weather reaches Winnipeg, too. Take a look at some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help ensure that your furnace works at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating expenses.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to handle whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Winnipeg when it cools off.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to take place on a cold winter day is have your furnace go out, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to make heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are key to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if larger problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has plenty of additional bonuses, and getting furnace service completed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the winter and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Winnipeg Supply Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Winnipeg, give us a call at 204-800-0613 or schedule an appointment with Winnipeg Supply Service Experts through our online scheduler.