Scheduling routine AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioning equipment in Winnipeg working at peak performance while keeping electricity usage down. It also may even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are a few tasks you can do by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Winnipeg Supply Service Experts, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can do alone as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Set
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a hefty portion of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer weather near, it’s also a fantastic idea to add AC maintenance on that list.
Spring is the perfect season to get your air conditioning unit cleaned and examined. Waiting to turn it on until the first hot day of the year can be dicey. If you need a fix or installation, you could be waiting days for a tech. And that can become very uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh AC system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning maintenance can be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do Service on My Own?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the best state:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and could lower your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you install, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly important if you deal with allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn upkeep around the outside condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your system, because this can block airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Winnipeg Supply Service Experts at 204-800-0613, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our pros start the nuts and bolts. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver safe operation.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially skip issues.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to eliminate any blockage from dust and weeds.
- Checking controls to make sure your system is switching on, cooling and turning off properly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to establish your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that require extra work, we are prepared to give you the most reasonable solution. Uncovering likely troubles promptly could solve bigger troubles later. This also provides you time to strategize if your AC is getting older.
When you are looking for an updated cooling system, our Experts will work with you to locate the right equipment for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. No matter what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to book your maintenance? Contact us at 204-800-0613 or schedule an appointment online right away.