Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open windows for fresh air and your power bill is normally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heater or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in Winnipeg and keeping costs down.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy bills less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is an obvious advantage for keeping your utility bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your energy expense will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can turn to several other approaches to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and suddenly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also change the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy bills low. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 204-800-0613 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the right product for your space. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.